This was discussed on the WP Hackers mailing list.
On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 7:15 PM, Dion Hulse (dd32) wrote:
s-plugins.wordpress.org is a Externally hosted CDN – Edgecast to be specific.
Right now, the only way is to wait for it to update, the Edgecast CDN
has a long cache expiry time, so WordPress.org needs to be updated to
add a Cache busting version/revision parameter by the look of it.
The cache-busting parameter has been implemented now. It will take
effect on the next plugin update.
So touch the plugin’s readme.txt file or perform some other update of
your choice, and the cache will get busted for your banner image. It
will then get busted again when you change something in the assets
directory going forward.
- How long should it take for a plugin to fully load into the WordPress.org plugin repository?
- How can I edit commit messages in my wp-hosted plugin repo?
- Is it necessary to bump a plug-in’s version if you’re just updating the “Tested up to” attribute?
- Releasing new plugin version, how to rename old options keys?
- Can i do plugin commits directly from a plugin folder inside an installation using the Trunk SVN
- Plugin screenshots not showing in the repository
- Do uploaded plugins get updates if they came from the wordpress plugin directory?
- Commit changes to WordPress Plugin SVN with TortoiseSVN
- My new WordPress plugin version is not showing up in the plugin directory. It’s been 4 days what could the problem be?
- Properly licensing a plugin that uses Apache 2.0 licensed code
- Plugin update not reflected in WordPress plugin page
- Cannot update …/tags folder in SVN Repository
- Plugin Repo: Why do some plugins get version charts while others don’t?
- How to remove images from my plugin page in WP Directory?
- How to show active version on wordpress.org of a published plugin?
- Plugin directory says that my plugin it’s not availabe in Spanish, but it is
- Update own Plugin Repository on Multisite
- Plugin README.txt isn’t updating in the Directory (stable tag is correct)
- my own SVN for a plugin/theme
- Updating a WP Plugin SVN not showing on WordPress Website or Zip
- Plugin SVN folder structure
- Post meta vs separate database tables
- Enhance Media Manager for Gallery
- Adding Custom Text Patterns in the WP 4.5 Visual Editor
- How to create an API for my plugin?
- Plugins in symlinked directories?
- How to use PanelColorSettings in custom Gutenberg block?
- Is there a way for a plug-in to get it’s own version number?
- How to add tab which is visible only in admin side of product in woocommerce? [closed]
- Replace audio/video enclosure with player?
- Contact Form 7: wp_mail doesn’t work after update to 4.6
- How do I print a notice only on certain admin pages?
- Hook the Keydown Event in the TinyMCE Post Editor
- Gutenberg ServerSideRender is deprecated, how to work with new wp.serverSideRender component?
- Add an image gallery to a custom post type?
- Unit testing wordpress plugins with plugin options
- Create a clickable name in WP_List_Table for Plugin Admin
- Plugin development without Theme adjustments?
- How to Make a Category Always Selected?
- WordPress Settings API: saving multiple rows of similar data
- Modify how gallery.js builds the shortcode [gallery ...] in tinyMCE?
- How to use is_multisite() in a must-use-plugin?
- Can’t we use strings defined as PHP constants if we want to translate them in a plugin?
- DataBase connection problem with PHPUnit and WordPress
- Modify a Free Plugin available on wordpress.org & include with my Premium Theme? [closed]
- Ethics question: what qualifies as a fork? [closed]
- How to i18n text coming from the db or from an external source
- Plugin settings not saving
- Registering and using actions which return results in a Plugin class
- How to replicate Media Library “Add New” on Plugin Settings Page
- WooCommerce Conditional Tag inside plugin
- Add code inside specific wordpress standard function
- Conditional hook based on the core function that is calling it
- Best way to save custom css for an block
- How to hook a custom user function to a wordpress core ajax action?
- How to change the hover content of a specific menu item on WordPress?
- PHP – Extend WordPress Woocommerce Revenue Analytics with custom field
- Sending post request with wp_remote_post not working correctly
- Plugin callback page
- Is nonce in PHP form and Ajax both necessary?
- How to add WordPress Admin “Insert Link” UI (searches through existing posts for URL) and functionality into a custom plugin?
- Unable to change footer using wp_footer action hook
- Input value from metabox is not found in $_POST after post save
- CMB2 Form Throws No Input File Specified in custom WordPress Plugin
- Input in plugin widget does not allow spaces
- Enqueue script globally
- White screen when activating plugin that sends form via WordPress
- dbDelta SQL Query Not Working
- A question about add_action()
- How to display the categories on page using shortcode?
- add_action pre_term_description vs. pre_category_description
- How to Get Rid of Unwanted Backslashes in WordPress Form Input inside admin menu option
- How to Customize Polylang Language Items
- Enqueue scripts inside a class in a plugin
- Create a Plugin to Download Files from Web to Server
- WP plugin repository didn’t parse readme.txt correctly
- “Rendering of admin template [path to template] failed”
- Allow REST API Endpoint to specific user and hide from public
- Adding a dropdown on the user admin
- Check current URL is 404 in pre_option_stylesheet filter hook
- I’m including a html file in my plugin, but it can’t find its css or js files
- How to show content in the body with my plugin (only in frontend not backend)?
- Problem in plugin debuging in wordpress
- OOP development and hooks
- How to include files in the loop via ajax
- mutiple shortcode instance on the same page
- Some data has already been output, can’t send PDF file – fpdf issue in WordPress
- Can i use one wp plugin inside other?
- Plugin or Custom Page Type
- Pluigin Migration – I need to move a single plugin to a different website
- Login using /wp-admin doesn’t redirect back to /wp-admin
- What do “and” means infront of a variable? [closed]
- Dropdown pages in Settings API
- Plugin version not updated with new version
- Fatal error: Call to a member function query() on a non-object 3.6.1
- Fetch the input type date value via ajax
- Sharing changes to a post (preview changes) with another user
- Display months on a drop down calendar as TEXT instead of Numbers