If you want to merge your branch to master on remote, follow the below steps:
- push your branch say ‘br-1’ to remote using
git push origin br-1.
- switch to master branch on your local repository using
git checkout master.
- update local master with remote master using
git pull origin master.
- merge br-1 into local master using
git merge br-1. This may give you conflicts which need to be resolved and changes committed before moving further.
- Once merge of br-1 to master on local is committed, push local master to remote master using
git push origin master.